Copyrights @ Journal 2014 - Designed By Templateism - SEO Plugin by MyBloggerLab

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Surviving Spin

Share
Phew! What a crazy, active day for me!

It all started at 7am, when Kelly and I left her place to go for a 8km walk. Of course, what was an insanely fast walk for me was the equivalent to an easy stroll for her. I can't wait for the day where I can keep up! And by that I mean probably have to jog beside her while she fast walks.

So an hour and twenty minutes when we get back to her place I am pretty tired and my legs feel a bit like jelly, but not overly so. So next on my schedule - a spinning class. I'd heard enough about spinning class that I had firmly decided I'd try it in another 15 pounds or so, once my legs were stronger. In fact, I had "survive a spinning class" on my list of fitness goals(meant for the future). But then a friend told me she was going to the 9am class and that I should join her. Since I didn't have anything else to do at that time, I didn't have any reason to say no. So I went. And I'm writing about this because I don't ever want to forget the feelings I felt during and at the end of the workout. It went something like this:

9:05: look at me go! I'm doing it! And the instructor seems pretty nice.
9:07: turn the tension UP? This instructor is mean.
9:10: OMG, only 3 more minutes have passed?? How can I possibly do this for another 30 minutes?
9:15: I am seriously tempted to give up. The walk with Kelly before hand did me in.
9:20: at this point, some writing on the wall caught my eye. It said "No F-ing Around." All the sudden I was getting flash backs of all those times I had given up or given in. I rationalized myself into thinking my excuses to not do something were so legitimate that they couldn't be considered excuses but just the truth. And that got me to basically 300 pounds. I am done "f-ing around" with my life and my health. The next time the instructor tells us to turn the tension up, I do it willingly!
[insert 10 minutes of working so hard I am pretty sure there's a puddle of sweat underneath me]
9:30: I am still not "f-ing around," but I am slightly worried that if I go further on either side, this bike is going to tip over. Also, OW.
9:35: seats off? This should be interesting. I'm excited for the challenge! If I could just get this bloody seat off....
9:37: I never thought I would miss sitting on that hard, uncomfortable seat so much! Can we be done yet? I'm sure it's already 9:40 on someone's watch!
9:40:  YYAAAAYYY! I MADE IT! I'M DONE! I'M SUPER WOMAN!
9:40 and 30 seconds: wait, we're doing ab exercises on the floor now? Crap.
9:45: what is this mysterious thing they call the core and why do I seem to have NONE. I'd like to get back on the bikes now.
9:50: I did. I made it. And what's that... I enjoyed it?!?! I must be crazy because I'm already looking to see when the next spin class that fits into my schedule.


The second best part of my day was seeing this number on my pedometer when I got home:

Yup, I had walked (/spun) over 20,000 steps before 11am. The best part of my day? Hands down the incredible endorphin high I've been on all day. I don't know if I can do this much activity every day, but hey, why not? I could definitely get used to this happy feeling.

I just hope I can walk tomorrow because no matter what I told myself that I'd be getting a circuit in at work. *Fingers crossed*

0 comments:

Post a Comment