Copyrights @ Journal 2014 - Designed By Templateism - SEO Plugin by MyBloggerLab

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Protein Pancakes

Share
I had the best breakfast ever today. Protein pancakes, banana and peanut butter. Delicious! A picture of my breakfast:


The recipe:
1/3 cup oatmeal
1/3 cup cottage cheese
1/3 cup egg whites
splash of vanilla

Whir with a blender til smooth (or use an immersion blender). Cook just like a pancake. Hot pan, quick spray of Pam, flip when edges are dry and bubbles form. Top with berries or natural peanut butter and banana. You can make 3 smaller pancakes or one giant one.



And on Curves Complete, it's good for 1 fruit + 1 starch + 1 protein exchange! It doesn't match up perfectly but I did the caloric math and it's close enough :) Maybe I'll have it for dinner one day and add some turkey bacon for another protein.. oh the possibilities! 


I cut a small banana into thin slices for mine, but next time I think I'll stick with fruit on top. They were actually a bit too filling with the PB, believe it or not! I had them 2 hours ago and still feel full! 


This picture is from where I got the recipe from :) Looks so good eh?? 


People were talking about it after bootcamp and I am so glad I tried them! I can definitely see this becoming a favourite. I think this weekend I'll make up a bit batch and freeze them to have them for days where I don't have time to make the individual batter. The reason I love these so much is that is didn't taste like I was having "diet food." It tasted like I have having pancakes. Yummy, tasty, wonderful pancakes. Although I bet they tasted even better to me because I knew they were healthy, haha! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment