Copyrights @ Journal 2014 - Designed By Templateism - SEO Plugin by MyBloggerLab

Sunday, June 24, 2012

The next step

Share
I am incredibly proud of myself today. I did two things that scared me:
1) Went to my first ever boot camp.
2) Made a commitment to continue with said boot camp for 3 months!


Boot camp is something that I've been thinking about for the last couple of weeks, weighing the pros and the cons. I love Curves, and it has (obviously) really worked for me, but I felt ready to take on a new fitness challenge. I wanted something more extreme to do on my off days from Curves, to push myself further. And man, will this push me! It was an hour and a half today, and I was both exhausted and energetic after we finished. Exhausted because I pushed myself SUPER hard. Energetic because I impressed myself multiple times during the workout. For our "break" of running around the block, I managed to stay jogging for the entire time. I didn't stop to walk ONCE. Even though I had a stitch in my side, I pushed myself. And then at the very end of the workout, when we ran around market square (up, down and across!) I was actually at the front of the pack. I got two rounds in! 


It makes me proud because even though I am heavy, I think I'm more fit than I realized. Thanks to Curves, I have really strong muscles that will only get stronger! Especially my arms, I love those arm machines. What I really need to work on is my legs. Those lunges and squats, phew! Also, planks. Those are a mean, mean invention. 


Something random but super exciting. I took some pictures today, intending to use them to see how big the difference would be after 3 months of Curves Complete and boot camp. It's fun to see just how far I've come as well! There are 13 months of hard work between these pictures :)






0 comments:

Post a Comment