Copyrights @ Journal 2014 - Designed By Templateism - SEO Plugin by MyBloggerLab

Saturday, October 27, 2012

A month to remember

Share
As this month nears the end already, I can't help but look back. It's been a tougher month for me than I expected, but I have learned a lot. Specifically, I reminded myself how to get my motivation back when it starts to dwindle. The biggest thing for me is getting back into exercise, being sick for two weeks threw me way off my routine. Exercising always motivates me to eat healthier! I wrote these following "Steps Back" on Thursday after doing a 6am spin class:

Step 1) Purge house of temptation. The cliff bars have been given away, the peanut butter jar is empty and my roommate's ice cream has been moved to the big freezer so I don't see it every day.


Step 2) Forgive myself for this week. I can't take back what I ate, but it is my choice whether I beat myself up for it or not. I'm choosing to let it go and get on with life. Whether I gain or lose this week, or win this damn 10 lb challenge, really it doesn't matter in the long run. I know I'm in this for life, I enjoy being healthy and this one week will not make or break my journey. 

Step 3)  Sweat it out. Even though losing weight is 80% what I eat and 20% exercise, I'll be squeezing the 20% for everything it's worth. I'm going to BDHQ or going for a run Friday, Saturday and Sunday. No exceptions. (Oops, today I didn't do quite so well because I was incredibly sore from the back to back classes and 3 hours of dancing last night.)

Step 4) Deal with the emotions that led me to food in the first place. Save the hardest for last right? Writing about shame a few nights ago was the first step towards this. I'm taking two workshops through the counselling centre on campus and I think they will be a huge help. There's also apparently a nutritionist on campus, so I'll go see if they're any help to me. Part of me cringes at taking this time away from my homework, but let's be honest.. It wasn't happening before anyway. I know how much easier it is to focus when I have a clear head. Knowing that I'm taking these steps is already making things easier for me.

It also helps to get back on track by having an absolutely amazing night with your friends. Dress up, feel awesome, soak in the compliments and just feel good about life. Which was me last night at the last Halloween Pub Crawl with my Ed crew. I had a wonderful time, and I made healthy decisions every step of the way! I also offer picture proof of my milestone yesterday, fitting into Kelly's costume that she wore last year. Granted, it's a very stretchy costume, but I was and am still pleased beyond belief about it.





A comparison shot from last year... it's amazing what 12 months can do! So proud of us Kelly <3 






Love these girls so much!

0 comments:

Post a Comment