Copyrights @ Journal 2014 - Designed By Templateism - SEO Plugin by MyBloggerLab

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Go big or go home

Share
I'm publicly announcing my next goal:

I will be participating in the half marathon on October 7!

Ahh, it seems so much more real now! Just a few months ago it was my plan to take care of my step niece while my sister and her boyfriend ran it... but now I will actually be running beside them! Well, by running I mean a combination of running and walking much behind them! It's not about how fast I do it, it's for that feeling of accomplishment that I'll have when I'm done.

I am committing to training to work my way up to 21 km. I'm looking forward to it more than I thought I would. There are times when I freak out and think "how the heck can I think of doing a half marathon with all my jiggly bits and huge ass!" but I've mostly quieted that voice. I know if I train hard and keep up with my current level of fitness, I should be just fine. And plus this focus should help me to continue losing weight - meaning a smaller butt and less jiggly bits! :) A group of gals from bootcamp have been running together the past month and finally this past Saturday I was able to join them. I told myself if I could run the 10km then I would start prepping for the half. And then I ran 10 km in an hour and 25 minutes, with 4 minutes and running and 1 minute walking intervals. Not amazing, but not bad for my first ever organized big run, haha! Apparently I'm not good at the starting small and working your way up kind of thinking. It wasn't easy, that's for sure, but I did it. And didn't feel like completely dying at the end!Not bad for a girl who got winded running to the mail box 7 weeks ago :)

Because I'm making running more of a focus for this next while, I also decided to start shelling out the dough to get the proper equipment. I'm off to Peninsula Runners today to purchase new shoes, running socks and a running stop watch! Followed by sports bra and running outfit once student loans come in. :) My Visa has also been working out pretty intensely this summer, but I am at peace with spending money on things that are helping to enhance my life so much.

Huge thanks to both my sister, Caroline and the BDHQers for giving me the encouragement to do this. I've got 53 days to whip my running into shape the best I can! Here I go!

Snapped a picture after I finished my first 10km run!

0 comments:

Post a Comment