Copyrights @ Journal 2014 - Designed By Templateism - SEO Plugin by MyBloggerLab

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Motivation

Share
I finally feel back on track. It's been a really rough two weeks but pinpointing why yesterday was helpful. All summer I've been used to working 1-8pm so I had no option to snack or eat unhealthy at night. I'd get home and just make my food for the next day, have some tea and go to bed. But now I'm home every night and it's far more difficult than I remember it being. And when I'm by myself, it's so easy to just eat bad food. It was realizing that I counted on other people being around that helped turn my head around. I can't be the person that only eats healthy if friends/roommates/family are around. I need to accountable to *myself.* I decorated the front of my food journal with a picture of the half marathon course and the quote "If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you." It definitely helped with my motivation yesterday!

Also yesterday was just a fabulous day so I didn't want to eat unhealthy food that would make me feel frustrated at myself and ruin my high. Had such an inspiring, motivating day at work followed by meeting my soon to be new third roommate, buying a bike (and finding it EASY to ride around on!), getting $3000 in scholarships from school, a kick a$$ workout last night where I pushed myself as hard as I could, and then getting to hang out with Nicole at home. Like I said, fabulous day.

I'm so stoked for September. Living in a beautiful new house with two awesome roommates, seeing all my school friends again, training for the half marathon and some great contests/events happening at work. And I've started looking at the Education section of pinterest again.. perhaps my passion for teaching is building back up again? :) So in love with life right now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment