Copyrights @ Journal 2014 - Designed By Templateism - SEO Plugin by MyBloggerLab

Thursday, August 30, 2012

It runs in the family

Share
Didn't I say I'd be posting less this week? Apparently there are too many exciting things happening that I want a record of! Quick post today because I'm taking a break while there are no members on the circuit. :)

I said goodbye to my Mom this afternoon, which was sad. It was so lovely having her here. We had a great visit and and got lots of chatting time while we packed/cleaned. What would we do without family?

I am also SO proud of my mom! She came to bootcamp with me on Wednesday night and rocked it! It was a challenging workout too - pick your fav cardio for 3 minutes and then do 7 minutes of assorted kettlebells, ab exercises, TRX, chin ups, etc.. and repeat for an hour. She's a swimmer so I wasn't sure how she'd be able to do but she kept up with me rep for rep the entire time. My strong mama <3 My second cousin and I have been doing bootcamp together since I started so we meant to get a family picture of all 3 of us during spin this morning. Unfortunately we kept Chris up so late last night helping us move the freezer/microwave stand that he slept in. Since spin was out of the question, we went for a walk around the golf course instead. I thought about going back to sleep for an hour but I remembered last week a trainer saying "if you're getting up at 5am you might as well make it worth it," so we did! I offered my Mom a few short cuts along the way but she was determined to do the full walk that I usually do. I laughed because although she swims circles around me in the water - I've got her beat on land! I'm used to running the golf course now so it felt awesome to be able to walk the whole thing and not be out of breath.


By 7:30am we had already walked 5km and stretched for 15 minutes! Also, I've noticed as I lose weight I finally look like I'm related to my mom. Bonus! :)


If you couldn't tell, the highlight of my visit with my mom was having her come to bootcamp with me. I've fallen in love with both the workouts and the group of people so it was neat to share that with her. Now she understands why I look forward to going there 5 times a week!

P.S. One sleep left till moving day! It's going to be QUITE the workout tomorrow but I can't wait to be in the new place. I've got my food as planned out as best I can. I have some cut up veggies, boiled eggs and protein bars ready because I doubt I'll have time to stop and think about eating during the day. I am determined to see the scale starting with a "1" soon - moving won't stop me from reaching my goals!

0 comments:

Post a Comment