Copyrights @ Journal 2014 - Designed By Templateism - SEO Plugin by MyBloggerLab

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Live Laugh Run

Share

It was pointed to me twice today that I haven’t written in a week – oops! Thought I’d come give a quick update. I’ve been too busy living life this week to write about life. But I do enjoy blogging and I love having a record of my struggles and successes.

This weekend was fabulous for many, many reasons. In terms of health and fitness I couldn’t have had a better weekend. I’ve become one of those crazy exercise people. On Saturday I woke up, biked 2.5 km to work, went for a 6km run, showered at work.. all by the time I had to open the doors at 8am! Then I had a fantastic weigh in on Sunday – down 5.2 pounds!! And I even had fries and a frosty last week too… my last “treat” to tide me over before buckling down for the week/end of summer. I’m now only 4 pounds away from getting into ONEderland. So close I can feel it :)

I probably won’t be updating much this next week because I have so much going on. The things I’m looking forward to most:

  1. Moving in 9 sleeps! Gotta get on that packing.
  2. Organizing my room and the house of the new place. I’m getting rid of a lot of stuff this move, so I want everything I do keep to have a specific place. Here’s to being more organized and clean this year!
  3. My mom’s coming to visit in 6 sleeps. It’s the first time she’s come to Victoria to just visit me, not because she’s helping me move or watching me during Youth Parliament. I’m so excited to get her all to myself for two days :)
  4. School starts in 2 weeks. Yikes, where did summer go? But I can’t wait to see all my school friends again. And for Kelly to be back from vacation. I’m happy she’s relaxing and all that but I miss her.
  5. Buying back to school clothes. The handy part about moving is that I can go through everything in my closet. Anything that doesn’t fit me is OUT. I might not have a very extensive closet come September but I’m determined that whatever I put on will make me feel and look good.
  6. Just enjoying everything there is to life :)
Running update: Did a 5km with 5 and 1 intervals this morning. I’m getting stronger! I even made myself run up the huge hill because my phone said I still had 2 minutes left to run. It didn’t matter how slow I was going as long as I never stopped to walk. I'm not working this Saturday so I'll be joining the Run Club for another long run on Saturday - I hope I can keep up! It's harder to push myself when it's just me, but I am getting better at it. Right now my focus is being able to run longer without taking a walking break. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment