Copyrights @ Journal 2014 - Designed By Templateism - SEO Plugin by MyBloggerLab

Sunday, September 2, 2012

ONEderland

Share
I did it! I am officially in the 100's! 

I had the shock of my life when I stepped on the scale this morning at bootcamp. I didn't expect that I'd actually be able to do it before school started. I had accepted that I'd be there maybe in the next two or three weeks, depending on how things went. I was more than satisfied with how strong I am now and what I've been able to accomplish so far. But nope. I got more.. I actually met my goal of getting into the 100's before school started. I stepped on the scale and saw the magical "199.6." I was so shocked and pleased that I actually jumped off it before they could get an official reading and had to step back up again. I was worried that the second time I'd see "200" and kept forcing the air out of my body (while crossing my fingers). But I didn't have to worry though, I was still exactly the same weight. My only regret is Chris (my cousin) is camping this whole week so he wasn't there to see it. Thankfully Jim was quick with his phone and snapped this picture, which I quickly sent Chris' way. And now have to treasure forever. I definitely had a moment when I saw the number. I was so incredibly excited and proud and dumbfounded all at the same time. I'm pretty sure there was some squealing involved and maybe even a little dance of happiness? I can't remember because it was all pretty much a blur, but I had the biggest smile on my face for the rest of the 2 hr workout. I pushed myself extra hard today because I felt like I had unlimited energy.


Seeing my weight start with a "1" for the first time in my adult life


This is another huge milestone for me, because when I started this last June I weighed in at 299.6. That means in 15 months I have lost exactly 100 pounds and am in ONEderland!! In some ways, I can't believe that I have actually come this far. In others, it feels like I haven't really done all that much. Losing 100 pounds sounds so incredible when I hear about other people doing it. But for me, it's just my lifestyle now. It's exercising, eating healthy and not hiding from the tough things in life anymore.

Right now I am sitting in my room looking out at Mt Tolmie and feeling like the luckiest person in the world. I am living in a beautiful, welcoming home. I have two great roommates that I can tell I will have a great time with. I have people in my life that make me feel special and beautiful. I am going to school with a fantastic group of people that I can't wait to see again. I can afford (a lot thanks to my family) to attend a bootcamp that is pushing me further than I ever thought possible. I work at a place that not only encourages me to meet my fitness/weight loss goals, but lifts me up every time I am there. And most of all, I have the most supportive people in my life. I know that losing 100 pounds has a lot to do with my own strength and determination, but I honestly couldn't have done it without the wonderful people in my life. And since I'm feeling sentimental.. here's a shout out to some of the people who have been key players in my weight loss.

Kelly: I mentioned how much I appreciate you in my very first blog entry, but I can't say this enough.. you have been instrumental in my transformation. You have been there every step of the way, supporting me and pushing me at the same time. I've lost count of the amount of times I've come crying to you, and every time you lift me up. You've helped me get through one of the most difficult times of my life and I am so thankful to have you in my life. I know we will always be there for each other, no matter where our lives (and careers!) take us.

Laura: Curves, hiking, swimming, running, tea, Castle, hugging.. pretty much everything I enjoy most in life right now has you in it. I knew from that first EdSA meeting that you would be an awesome friend and I am so thankful we were in the same cohort this year. You lift my spirits every time I see you and make sure that I am having the most fun I can while living life. That's so important to me because it can be easy to just go through the motions sometimes. But you help me to take that break and remember what is truly important in life.

Caroline: You've also been there every step of the way for me, and have seen all my successes and struggles over the last 5 years. You love me for every part of me, and I love it. I hate that you graduated a year before I did. I miss having you to exercise with almost as much as I miss our game/tea nights. But what I miss most is your hugs. They never failed to cheer me up when I need it most. I suppose I also need to thank your other half, since it's partially his influence that had us committing to the do the half marathon together. And April! I can't forget April! I am excited to complete the half marathon, but I am even more excited to see you. Did I mention that I miss you?

Karen, Emily, Sasa: I put all three of you in one because I love our little family. Having you three to turn to has been one of the best things I could ever get out of BCYP. Sadly this year I haven't seen you as much as in the past, but I love that every time we see each other it's like no time has passed. All three of you have played parts in shaping who I am today. You inspire me, you motivate me and you make me a better person. You made me feel so special when you threw me a surprise party this year, especially because you had all healthy food. I remember 4 years ago during one of our long gmail chats, I accidentally let it slip to Sasa that I had joined weight watchers. I had no idea what great conversations that would open up. I know I can tell and ask you three anything and get nothing but support and understanding. On a less serious note, we also share epic loves of BSG, camping and drinking games. Who could ask for better friends? :P

Nicole: Who knew when we sat down next to each other in math class where life would take us? Living with you this year has been awesome. You listen to me ramble, you keep me sane when I start stressing, you share my excitement when clothes are getting baggy, you help me figure out what to wear, and you help me eat the cookie dough. I think I actually enjoyed telling you my results this morning the most.. your face when you figured out what the picture meant made my day. :) I'm so excited for our new place and for all the new adventures we'll have this year!

Mom and Dad: It goes without saying that I couldn't be who I am today without you two. My strength, my determination and my love for friends and family are all traits I get from you. You're always there to help me, whether that be sending care packages, helping pay for weight watchers/bootcamp, moving me into a new home (every single year), helping me through my struggles or celebrating my successes. When I got off that scale this morning, the first thing I did was rush to my phone to call you because I knew above all, you know how much this means to me. You know both how hard and how wonderful this journey has been for me. I am also SO SO proud of us becoming a healthier family together.

Terri: I've always wanted to be just like you, my awe inspiring big sister, but now I'm finding that I can settle for being me and having you as not just as a sister, but as a friend. It hasn't been the smoothest ride for us, but I am so grateful for how much closer we're becoming. I also love that we can share running together.. knowing you can read my stats on MapMyRun makes me move just that much faster! :) I can't WAIT for you, Brian and Brooklyn to stay with me for Thanksgiving and for us to kill this half marathon together!! I also can't wait to come raid your closet.. just give me a few more months!

Chris: I haven't gone too much into detail about you on this blog because for a while I wasn't sure if you wanted me to oust you in front of all the family that reads this blog.  For everyone who doesn't know, Chris is my Mom's cousin and one of the funniest guys I know. But more importantly, he also joined up for bootcamp with me in July and I am SOOO proud of the both of us. I remember back when I was first contemplating doing bootcamp and I asked you to come down to the info session with me.. you were so hesitant! You had every excuse under the sun as to why you couldn't do it. Then I came over for our walk after that first bootcamp I attended and by the time we were back at your place I could tell you were super interested. All it took was a few more minutes of Gi Hee suggesting you should do it and you were checking it out the next day. Pretty sure it must have been Lovisa at the counter because she also got me to sign up for it when I went to "just check it out." It makes me smile remembering on that same walk, the two of us talking about how "one day" we might be able to run. That one day is LONG past already because now we are running our butts off. I love doing bootcamp with you and I am so grateful you signed up. I am SO proud of you and all your accomplishments. Back in July I could out run you easily and now you are the reason I have to push myself so hard! Our friendly competitions are one of the key reasons I've come as far as I have.

My grandparents: Everyone's already heard about my amazing grandparents from an earlier post, but like Kelly they deserve another mention. Especially my Nana and Randy, Granny Lee, and Grandma N. They've been so incredibly supportive - my biggest cheerleaders! I used to send weekly emails to them with my weigh in results and I'll tell ya - that was a bigger motivator than I initially realized! All of my grandparents have also become healthier as well.. I love chatting about health and fitness with them all. And I'm incredibly proud of my grandmas.. Nana, Granny Lee and Grandma N are on their own journeys to healthy living and are great inspirations!

Everyone at BDHQ: The trainers, my BW group, everyone who I've met in the various "regular" classes I've gone to.. everyone is so wonderful. Going there has honestly changed my life. I was really anxious about joining it, not just because of how hard I knew the work outs would be but because of my involvement with Curves. But it's been easier than I thought it would be because they are two very different programs. Curves was wonderful for me this past year, it was exactly what I needed and helped me lose 80 pounds. BDHQ has helped me transition into what I see as the next part of my life. I am strong. I am an athlete. I can do this. All of those things I tell myself now are because of what I've been able to accomplish inside that studio (and around downtown Victoria!).

My members at Curves: working there was been so wonderful for me. Of course, the job is not without it's challenges and frustrations, but for the most part I genuinely enjoy going to work, which is not something I take for granted! I have loved getting to know the members better over this summer... hands down that's the best part of the job. They are so supportive and kind. I had a 70 year old member tell me the other day that I had "QUITE a nice shape" - love it! Becoming a Curves Complete Coach, and all the training that it required, has also played a huge part in my journey. I am so much more knowledgeable about exercise and nutrition now and that's such an important part in sustaining a healthy lifestyle.

Wow, this took me a lot longer to write than I thought it would, because every time I thought I was done I'd remember something else or remember another person. Isn't that a nice problem to have? Having too many wonderful people in your life you can't remember to thank them all? There's so many people here I haven't written about that have been a big part of my life at various moments.. Cindi, Kailey, Emily W, Coreen, my coworkers at the daycare. I feel like I could write a book about all the wonderful people I've had in my life already, and I'm only 23!!

And also, thank you to everyone who is reading this blog. Writing has always been a great outlet for me, but I was very nervous about posting this on my facebook. I am so glad I have though, because it's pushed me to be more open and honest. It's also a great motivator, knowing that others are aware of what I'm doing (and when I'm not posting!). Every time someone tells me they enjoy reading my blog I blush and get a rush of pride. I know it's one of the deadly sins and all that, but I'm trying to get better at taking compliments, isn't that a good thing?! :) So happy to be where I am today. This has been a life changing summer, and I'm so excited for the rest of the year to unfold.

1 comments:

  1. Holy SMOKIN Susie!! Way to go girl! What an inspiration you are being to so many others...
    I love sharing your success with everyone!
    Big hugs...see you on Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete