Copyrights @ Journal 2014 - Designed By Templateism - SEO Plugin by MyBloggerLab

Monday, September 17, 2012

September Craziness

Share
Wow, I figured I'd get a pretty good response from my last post, but I didn't realize just how much! Thanks to everyone who read it, commented, complimented, messages, texted and called me. Writing this blog really has become a huge part of my journey and I'm glad that I am able to do my part to inspire people to live healthier, happier lives.

Today's post will be shorter because I have a huge pile of homework that is waiting for me (edit: should have been). And it won't be as articulate because I'm pretty exhausted right now. I'm starting to feel more than a little overwhelmed with everything that I want to do. Especially now that I'm back in class and seeing just how much work we have to do. I am loving all of my classes and want to throw myself into them, but it's hard to make the time.

Trying to find a balance is interesting. Exercising is no longer an option anymore, it's just what I need to do, and what I love to do. Healthy eating is still very important, but I'll admit that I've been slipping up a bit more lately. I'm fine at school with my packed meals, but my portion sizes at home are too big. It's mostly healthy stuff but there can still be too much of a good thing. Except veggies, thankfully you can never eat too many veggies.

Something interesting is that this weekend I had many moments of feeling normal. I know, I know, what the heck is normal anyway? I made fun of my self a little bit for it, but still, it's something I couldn't get off my mind. This weekend, I wasn't the fat girl on a weight loss journey. I was just living life. And as Kelly and I talked about in depth, sometimes you really need those days. It was also a good reminder of why I don't want to do every day/weekend. I woke up this morning incredibly tired and a little bit hung over. It was harder to concentrate in class all day and I had very little energy. The best part though, I didn't regret a single thing. I had a fabulous weekend and have some great memories.

What I'd love is one day where I have nothing planned. A day where I can stay at home all day, finally finish unpacking my room, make a ton of food and freeze it, do laundry, take a bath, have a nap, and spend more time thinking about teaching and my plans, etc. Wouldn't it be nice if we were all allowed to have one extra day a month, insert a day between Sunday and Monday? But enough complaining.. It was my choices that led me to where I am now and I wouldn't change any of them. So I just get to live with the busyness for a while until I figure out how to settle things down.

Oh, and since I haven't done this for a while - running update!

I switched to doing my long runs on Tuesdays because the weekends are just too crazy for me. I did a 12km last week, the first 5km along Dallas Rd with one of my roommates, and then ran the rest of the way home. I tried those Gu packs for the first time and found that I actually really liked them! Tomorrow I've mapped out a 15km run along Dallas Rd and then home again. I'm not as far in my training as I had hoped I'd be, but I don't mind. This half has never been about getting the best time. I hope I'm not last, but even if I am.. the fact that I'm doing it is what matters. Next one I do.. that will be a different story :)

Random fun fact: I only take up one seat on the bus now!




0 comments:

Post a Comment