Copyrights @ Journal 2014 - Designed By Templateism - SEO Plugin by MyBloggerLab

Monday, September 10, 2012

First Week Back

Share
What a whirlwind this past week has been. Between moving, school starting, bootcamp and work I'm amazed I've been able to spend as much time with friends and family as I have! It's funny seeing how small things have changed from previous years. Last year I had all my books organized and assignment page colour coded by this time. Now my books are a mess and my room isn't even fully unpacked, but I have a freezer full of quick meals and food planned for the week.

I am loving my classes so far and I'm excited to dive into them and explore the topics further. There's been years where I've felt the opposite, so I am not taking this for granted. It's also so interesting to see how the classes I'm in reflect my own personal journey. I can make projects in two of my classes focused around health and fitness, and then a third is Outdoor Education. My other two are Indigenous Education and Cross Cultural Approaches to Ed.. both super interesting and topics I'm looking forward to. I think I'm most looking forward to my Inquiry class though. I feel like my last blog post could have been written post class they matched up so perfectly. We talked about how teaching is a messy swamp of problems, and it's our job to navigate through it and be comfortable with the mess. Which is *exactly* what I am wanting to work on. We also talked about how teaching and education is a human experience, not just a set of PLOs to be shoved into our students' brains. I'm excited to see where this goes.

On a side note.. today I signed up for a 10 lb challenge at bootcamp. I put $200 cash in a pot and if I lose 10 lbs in two months then I get my $200 back, plus money from whoever doesn't lose their 10 lbs. If I don't lose 10 lbs, then it goes back into the pot and split amongst those who succeeded. Since I don't have $200 to spare, this is going to be a huge motivator for me. I've lost 23 pounds in 11 weeks, which included my super crazy month of July. So now I just need to keep up with all the healthy habits I've been developing this past year. Eat clean, plan my meals, go to bootcamp. It's easier said than done but I know I can do it!

And totally unrelated note.. I was going through pictures from the summer and found a couple that I forgot to share on here.

There was a time where I couldn't wear these PJs because they were too tight around my thighs. Now I can fit into one leg. Actually, now someone else gets to wear them because they were tossed in the donation pile!!

Not the best quality picture, but I forgot to get a family one with Mom, Chris and I at bootcamp. But at least I have one of the cousins! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment