Copyrights @ Journal 2014 - Designed By Templateism - SEO Plugin by MyBloggerLab

Monday, July 16, 2012

Results

Share
Sorry for the no posts in a while, I've been battling all my various emotions this week and haven't felt much like writing. Because I've been travelling back and forth to the mainland so much I haven't had as much time to plan my food like I usually do either. Which means I am spending time during the day figuring it out, leaving even less time for blogging. I much prefer getting it all figured out on the weekend. It makes for a much more enjoyable week!

I had some very exciting results yesterday though. I stepped on the scale and it read 213! Since I gained last week it meant that I was down a significant amount! (I was 218 in the morning and 220 at night, so it depends on which record you want to look that I suppose). My cousin pointed out that I only needed to lose 14 more pounds to hit my 100 lb/ONEderland goal. It seems so surreal! 14 pounds is nothing! I can do that no problem. I've lost 86.6 pounds since last May, 14 pounds is just a drop in the bucket :) Especially over the summer when I have more free time and fruits and veggies are so cheap!

In some ways it surprises me that I'm losing weight. I eat ALL the time. And so much. Seriously. If you saw how big my food bag is every day you'd never believe I could lose so much in one week. But that's what I love about Curves Complete and Clean Eating.. it's healthy, wholesome food. It's not about starving yourself. I hate diets. I hate dieting. Anyone who has heard me talk about it knows I've always been more of a pusher of "lifestyle change."And now it's all just clicking into place. I don't feel like I'm dieting at all. I eat when I want. I eat basically what I want. And I treat myself. It's just different kind of treats. I make my own peanut butter banana frozen yogourt. I have chocolate protein shakes. Losing the last 26 pounds has kind of been a shock. Because for most of it, I wasn't focusing on weight loss. I look in the mirror sometimes and think "wow, I need to put my pyjama top in the dryer, it's getting baggy." But then I remind myself that nope, it's not getting baggy because it's time for a wash. This is me now. This is my body. I'm shrinking.

I spent some time this morning looking at my old blog from Weight Watchers online. In one of them I talk about how frustrating it is to be at 270+ pounds and not being able to do the exercises that I want to do. Which, at that weight, it was hard. But now? Now I feel like I can do anything. On Sunday I ran around downtown Victoria for over an hour and half, stopping to go up and down hills and doing stairs/tricep dips/push ups at St Ann's Academy. Having a trainer there to push you to go harder than you want to is awesome. And having someone jogging beside you saying "keep going, we're almost there!" is so motivating.

It makes me more determined to be in the circuit t work. My members are jokingly calling me the drill sergeant now, and asking where my whip is. And it's true, I suppose. I know how amazing of a  workout you can get at Curves. I sweat BUCKETS every time I go around. And that's because I am good at pushing myself. But some people need that extra push, and I am more than willing to give it to them.

Sadly, my old Curves blog that I used more often says "account denied." I think they closed down the website :( But it was still interesting going through and reading what I used to write on the WW site. I can see the growth from post to post. Especially now that I compare it with these ones. I can truly and honestly say I have a different outlook on life. I hope next year I come back and read my last few posts on here and feel the same way.

Also, I posted some more pictures of my "Me In Pictures" page.


I only wish I looked this amazing running, but I love the quote so I am using it. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment