Copyrights @ Journal 2014 - Designed By Templateism - SEO Plugin by MyBloggerLab

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Inbetweeners Lament

Share
Today started off a great day.. coffee with a new friend followed by an amazing one hour massage. At 10 am I walked out of my massage feeling on top of the world and ready to go buy myself a new outfit! 6 hours (and countless shops and a friend's closet) later, I was still basically empty handed. I have a couple options, but none of them that made me feel super hot and confident. I am in the very awkward in between stage. My upper body is too small for most of the smallest plus size tops but my lower body is too big for most regular store pants. And since the style of tops this year is apparently loose at the top and tight at the bottom, I was hooped.

But as frustrating as today was, I will be thankful for a few things:
1) I actually have the energy to spend 6 hours walking around Victoria and trying on clothes. I used to get sweaty after the first few clothes in one store - that I drove or bused to! I wish I hadn't put my pedometer in the washer because I bet my steps would have been incredible.
2) I am *SO* close to being able to fit into a regular store. 90% of the things I own are from 4 stores so I'm both excited and scared to have more options available for me.
3) I do actually fit in some regular store clothing! In fact, I tried on an XL at the Gap and it was too big!!

So, well I don't have the "perfect new outfit" I was hoping for, I am still considering today a good day. Especially since even after 6 hours of shopping, I managed to do a 50 minute run along the Songhees during bootcamp. And thanks to Chris pushing me to keep going, I ran way more than I walked. I googled the length and it says 5.28 km for the whole walk, but we must not have done the whole thing because there's no way I could run the majority of 10 km. Or could I? The trainer said I had made it almost to the end. Hmm, I will have to ask her tomorrow - at the 6am workout!

0 comments:

Post a Comment