Copyrights @ Journal 2014 - Designed By Templateism - SEO Plugin by MyBloggerLab

Monday, April 1, 2013

Feeling happy, no fooling!

Share
Today has been a fantastic start to what I hope is a great month. The highlights:

  • Biked to the gym and back today, for a total of 10km with a 90 minute Drill class in between. I think that's a record for me! I definitely would not have been able to do that last Spring! 
  • Got to spend some quality time with Caroline (who I miss like crazy) and Andrew (who I suppose I can learn to put up with :p )
  • GOT A JOB! Working as a housekeeper for the Delta Ocean Pointe, which is a beautiful hotel and from what I can tell, a really great employer! Knowing I have a job and a place to live this summer has relieved a lot of my stress. I start the job April 20th which means I don't get much of a break after practicum, but I am so thankful that at least I have a job!
And as a bonus, I only have 3 weeks left until I'm done my final practicum. Time is flying! I am still really stressed about these last few weeks but I am taking it one day at a time and trying to practice self care at every opportunity. I had a fabulous Easter Weekend with my family up in Comox and got to spend a lot of time at the beach. It helped me to find my centre again and I hope I'm able to hold onto this feeling as I complete this last leg of my degree. 

I have a lot going on in my mind right now and little time to actually think about it, but I did do some reading today on self compassion and I stumbled across an interesting article. Click here if you'd like to read it :) I have a feeling I'll be blogging about this over the summer because it really interests me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment