Copyrights @ Journal 2014 - Designed By Templateism - SEO Plugin by MyBloggerLab

Thursday, November 8, 2012

I promise...

Share
Earlier tonight I went to a goal setting session at BDHQ. There is something really special about being able to share your story with others and hear theirs in return. We set a lot of goals together, but the main one I am working on right now is my relationship with food. Of course I chose the big, open ended, impossible one to start off with right? The group thankfully helped me narrow down my goal to controlling the emotional eating that's been plaguing me lately.

So. My promise. Every time that I eat, I will write it in my food journal and include the reason why I am eating said meal. More often than not it is because it's time for food, but I want to be more aware of the mindless emotional eating that's been going on. I will do this for the remainder of the session (end of December). "Good" or "bad" I will write everything. I'm doing this because as things get crazier in the school year and even more stressful, I don't want to forgot about my long term health goals.

I also needed to come up with a strategic plan for peanut butter. Since earlier today when faced with an open jar of peanut butter, I conveniently forgot about all the reasons I wanted to live a healthy life, I knew I had to do something. One person suggested that I give up peanut butter until the session was over. I did actually consider that for a short time. I had done it before for two weeks so I knew it was possible. But realistically, peanut butter will always be a part of my life if I am living in a place where it is sold. It's not like juice, I love it too much to give it up completely. But I know there is no need for an extra spoonful or two every time I put it in my smoothie or yogourt. This is part of building a healthier relationship with food, which I know will be a life long goal. My solution tonight:


(Note the offending spoon I had yet to wash)
That's right. I defaced a jar of Adam's peanut butter. I'm hoping it makes me laugh every time I open it, but also reminds me of all the reasons I am only going to take 1 tablespoon from the jar. Taped around the jar are the following:

  • Why are you eating this?
  • You are strong enough to NOT lick the spoon
  • Nothing tastes as good as being healthy feels
  • You won't miss that extra spoonful and you definitely won't miss being obese
  • Do it for the boots
  • 1 tablespoon is ok though :)
A little extreme maybe but right now it is needed. I just thought of another one to add: eating a proper portion means it lasts longer. I'm all for getting my money's worth! I won't have a chance to test my new plan this week though, as tomorrow I'm headed off the Island for reading break. I am finally going to get quality time with my Granny, who I haven't seen in almost a year. It means I'm missing a weigh in and quite a few work outs at BDHQ, but I'd say it's more than worth it :) 


0 comments:

Post a Comment